Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
drugs
I've been kind of fascinated by the purported effects of LSD on cluster headaches, a condition whose underlying cause is unknown but whose level of pain has been said to rival that of childbirth.

LSD can definitely be therapeutic in the right circumstances; if someone trips under the wrong circumstances, it can fuck with them for a long time. If there are already underlying issues (like being a Jim Jones sort for instance) it can contribute to disastrous results. Even bad trips can be put to good use with the right mindset, though. The drug is secondary to the thing it is acting upon. No chemical compound will fix anyone's problems.

I've never taken an illegal drug so my opinion is based only on the reactions I have seen in others, and my own reactions to legal drugs.

Weed, I don't think is that harmful for ADULTS. People still in the formative stage of thier lives need to stay away from anything that alters their perception.

Alcohol. I have EXTENSIVE experience with it. I am a recovering alcoholic. It's probably more harmful than weed, but it's not illegal.

Tobacco. The most addictive thing I have ever experienced. I have never smoked cigarettes, just cigars, but my tobacco addiction comes from dip I use Copenhagen snuff.
It's incredibly hard to quit I've tried it in the past and have made it a total of 4 months.

The others I have no personal experience with but I've seen the effects on others of the following.

Excessive Weed
Large amounts of it affect the mental ability. If you don't believe it you have never met a pothead. Moderate amounts are however no more dangerous than tobacco.

Crack
Makes people not only hyper but also crazy.

Meth
Crazy judgement and greater than normal energy.

That's what I have experienced.
Richard

imo... If you do drugs you need a hobby... More to life than that