Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
fetish
How many of you have had an awkward conversation with your new partner regarding your own fetish? I'm wondering how to bring this subject up the next time I get into a relationship.

My advice....take a deep breath and put it on the table right away.

I HATE keeping secrets from a partner and I definitely prefer to be disliked or rejected for who I am than to be liked for who I am not.

I think that if you are going to enter a relationship and you know something might affect their decision...it is exactly the thing you SHOULD tell them versus hiding it.

East Wrote:My advice....take a deep breath and put it on the table right away.

I HATE keeping secrets from a partner and I definitely prefer to be disliked or rejected for who I am than to be liked for who I am not.

I think that if you are going to enter a relationship and you know something might affect their decision...it is exactly the thing you SHOULD tell them versus hiding it.

^^^ Yup, yup, yup... Took the words right out of my yapper. Be honest. Fetishes between partners shouldn't come attached with shame. Did you ever think that his likes and dislikes might surprise you as well? If your relationship is going to be based on trust and honesty you should get these issues out of the way asap.

Be honest (even when it hurts). Talk. Listen. Compromise. Talk the talk, walk the walk. Repeat/renegotiate as necessary.

xx

Thanks but I kind of am embarrassed about my fetish. Most treat me like a freak for liking certain things. Undecided

If the relationship looks like it's going to become physical, bring it up. How you do so will depend on the unusual-ness of the fetish, and how important it is. If you enjoy having your butt smacked from time to time, that's something you can more or less bring up in casual conversation. If the only way you can reach orgasm is by wearing your inflatable suit and being held down in a wading pool full of vanilla pudding while somebody screams at you in Swahili, I'd say you might need to sit down and discuss some things. Smile

My "fetish" - if it could be called that - is pretty simple. I like tearing clothes off of guys. Literally. Especially underwear, and occasionally with my teeth. But I don't need to do it every time, and most guys have some old clothes they don't mind "sacrificing", so I've never had any trouble with this. I've simply said "I really enjoy tearing clothes off of guys. Next time we get together, can you wear an old T-shirt and underwear you don't mind not getting back?" And they've all said yes. Smile

Lex

Lexington Wrote:If the only way you can reach orgasm is by wearing your inflatable suit and being held down in a wading pool full of vanilla pudding while somebody screams at you in Swahili...

:eek: YOU TOO?!!??!!!

OK, BaseballFan, 'fess up. Is it the one where you wear baseball gloves on your feet while you chew on athletic socks?

Whatever. It's OK.
I bid NO Trump!

Well.....I'm a freak. I like getting kicked in the nuts but not in the nude. It's gotta be fully clothed and maybe in public so people see me get hurt.

MikeW Wrote::eek: YOU TOO?!!??!!!

Not me - my hook-up. Thank God for Rosetta Stone (Swahili edition).

Lex

Take this wisdom with you wherever you go:

No Matter How Fucked Up Your Fetish Is, Someone Else Is Into It.

You might be into diapers or lathering yourself in spaghetti sauce or dressing up as Optimus Prime in bondage gear. We're all fucked up man. It's cool. Someone who's on the level will at least understand if not share your enthusiasm.

Like getting kicked in the nuts in public? Trust me, there's much weirder shit out there.