Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
who is botty in the lounge chat room?
who is the user named botty in the chat room? he dosent hav a profile, so can sum1 plz explain

Its a electronic thingy that the mods created. It usually announces birthdays and things like that. I have no idea what it may be doing in the chat area, a mod would have to explaing that...

you expect me to believe im talking to a bloody programme hahahahahaha god u all cant be as nuts as him surley will u come in the lounge then and talk plz or will sum1 who talks sense

lol at Botty in the chat room.

It basically looks at what you says and comes back with a response... whether it makes sense or not is another matter! But you can turn it off by left clicking Botty in the username list and clicking Ignore

I'd wondered who botty was... What is an Internet Bot anyway, is it short for ROBOT?

That robot just spews out silly sentences. Some make sense, and when it doesn't know what to say, it just sticks a part of your sentence at the end of its own. Doesn't make for good reading or good conversation, as Holmzie found out.

lol, botty and I had a good chat. Its kinda creepy yet funny.

For those of you that want to experience the same sort of thing on MSN Messenger (or Windows Live Messenger if you prefer), simply add [email protected] to your friends list - he's a similar automaton to Botty and, as with our beloved GS Bot, could do with speech therapy lessons bless him ...

A word of advice - Smarterchild does have a sense of pride, and will be offended if you're rude to him Wink ... but he'll also remember your birthday (as Botty does), and your name ...

As for Botty, as has already been explained, he's the resident GS Automated Information Bot, so he keeps track of people's birthdays and helps around the site ...

Confusedmile:.

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

Shadow Wrote:For those of you that want to experience the same sort of thing on MSN Messenger (or Windows Live Messenger if you prefer), simply add [email protected] to your friends list - he's a similar automaton to Botty and, as with our beloved GS Bot, could do with speech therapy lessons bless him ...

A word of advice - Smarterchild does have a sense of pride, and will be offended if you're rude to him Wink ... but he'll also remember your birthday (as Botty does), and your name ...

Awww! I don't like smarterchild.
I added him once, and he started asking about my family.
I decided that I didn't want to tell a random computer my personal details, and blocked the litte runt.

I found when botty was asking questions that I didn't want to answer, I just ignored them and asked it questions. I got some pretty interesting responses.

I remember I asked:
"When will the terminators attack?"
Botty responded:
"In your lifetime."

lol, the programmers must have seen that coming... Tongue