Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm on a mission, not to save you, but to selfishly get gay guys in my church.
Do you not believe in God just because people say God doesn't like homosexuals? Are you afraid of God just because the Catholic Church or Protestant Evangelical churches tell you to fear him? Have you had Christians telling you that you're going to hell?

Well that isn't very Christian of them. After all Christ told us to love our neighbors.

You're my neighbor, and let me first tell you that I love you (don't jump to conclusions, I don't want to be buttfucked by you... Yet... Dinner first.)

If you've lost faith in God, and or Christianity, you've probably been hanging out with the wrong Christians.

I am an Episcopalian, and my church is The Episcopal Church. The church first started back in England when the famous King Henry wanted to divorce his wife, and the Vatican didn't approve. So he separated from the Catholic Church, becoming the Protestant Church of England. The thirteen Colonies brought The Church of England with them, and when they broke diplomacy with England, the Declaration of Independence was signed, and the Church of England was no longer Church of England here on American soil. It became The Episcopal Church.

Since then, the Episcopal Church has evolved. The church leaders marched with the Civil Rights Activists during the Civil Rights Movement, and became one of the first churches to allow black people into the church. This caused all of the racist white families to leave the church. In the 1970's the church started ordaining women as Priestesses, Bishops and Deacons, which meant the ignorant sexist families left the church. Recently, the first openly Gay bishop was ordained, causing the church to lose more members than ever all because they were homophobic.

Most of the ignorant people have left the church, and gay couples are being married by The Episcopal Church (in states that permit, otherwise, a religious marriage can be ordered, but the state won't acknowledge it).

I was a Christian on the verge of losing faith in Christianity just because I was gay, and felt out of place. These hippy/catholic like people made me feel loved and more welcome than my grandparents ignorant Baptist Church.

If you'd like to try Christianity again, or looking for a church that doesn't judge you, I'd recommend you trying The Unitarian Church, The Lutheran Church, or The Episcopal Church. The Unitarian being most liberal, Episcopal being 60% liberal 40% republican, and The Lutheran Church being more republican than the Episcopal, but still loving of gays. These two churches are somewhat of "best friends" to my church.

The Episcopal Church is pretty much like a Catholic Church, except we have male and female priests (clergy members) who can marry, candles, traditional hymns (sung with choir and classical pipe organ), Communion (Body and Blood of Christ served every Sunday with real wine, not grape juice) and we also have contemporary Christian music, without the lights, lasers, and cameras, but instead in a tranquil catholic-like chapel with vocalists, and instrumentalists. The Episcopal Church doesn't believe in confession, because it's believed to enable people to commit the same wrongdoing over and over again. Our version of a pope is the Head Primate, and the Archbishop of Canterbury.

When you walk in, don't feel like you're being judged, don't feel like God hates you, don't feel like you're a sinner, but do stand up when the bell rings for the processional hymn, bow down when the crucifix marches by, and sing your soul out, and during The Peace feel free to hug your neighbors.

After my church accepted gay people, there's been an increase of gay people, but the selection at my parish kinda sucks, so I want more gay guys (lol no offense ladies).

Episcopalians generally don't believe that people go to hell (unless they do really really bad stuff like murder, or cheat during marriage, or worship satan). If you are an atheist, people at my church will love you, and drink with you as if you are family (unless that specific Episcopalian is an asshole, in which most Episcopalians will steer clear from them. Everyone has assholes in their life.)

There's always a debate going on in my church of what biblical interpretation is correct/incorrect. Everything is open for interpretation, because we strive to be openminded. During holidays, we drink lots of beer and wine, because none of the Ten Commandments say "thou shall not drink alcohol". We party. It gets crazy. I got drunk at the choir party (on accident) before Christmas Mass (I didn't know the punch had booze in it). Our choir toured in England, and some sacred hymns became drinking songs in some English pubs.

If you're American, there is an Episcopal Parish near you. If you want to learn more about The Episcopal Church, look it up on Wikipedia, or inbox me.

We aren't Jesus Zombies, we're more like hippies, since he was like a hippie. We aren't taught to fear God, instead we're taught that God loves us no matter what, and we should love him back. Episcopal worship is pretty much like Catholic worship, except "the wine is watered down a bit."

Thank you for reading this. If you disagree with what I have posted here, please don't comment back trying to start a religious debate or argument (in other words "being an asshole"). I understand we all have differences in opinion, but this message is for people who want to practice Christianity without going to a church of hate. Sadly that's what most of Christianity has become. The new pope Francis calls it an illness, and I completely agree.

If you're not ready to have people comment on your post then do not post, if you're posting something religious and don't want to start a fight without opening your mind to other people opinion who might totally disagree with your concept of theism and homosexuality and because this is a public forum where everyone has the right to provide their opinion you are not in your right to ask us to steer away from it as we have just like you full right to comment, disagree or even questions your standard... don't want us to do that, then keep that speech for your church or shush it altogether.

I believe the actor, voice actor, and stand-up comedian, Robin Williams, described the Episcopalian church as "Catholic Lite—same rituals, half the guilt."
Robin Williams also managed to sum up everything you just typed in ten short sentences:
http://www.saint-augustine.org/_sep02/ef0902b.htm

*sigh*.....this thread was so close a few hours ago to go unseen and unreplied...it should have stayed that way

Uh oh. Here come the anti-religion shit-tossers. Where's my pop corn?

I should have not said "religious debate", but just left it as "argument".

What I meant was I don't want someone just rudely come in with predetermined opinions, not considering the other opinions.

I like debates, not fights.

I'm sure this post will be read by people that are considering my thoughts, but of course there are people who are going to comment back, rudely scoffing at this post because the thought of "religion" pisses them off.

Episcopalian94 Wrote:I should have not said "religious debate", but just left it as "argument".

What I meant was I don't want someone just rudely come in with predetermined opinions, not considering the other opinions.

I like debates, not fights.

I'm sure this post will be read by people that are considering my thoughts, but of course there are people who are going to comment back, rudely scoffing at this post because the thought of "religion" pisses them off.

Are you ready to read it? or you're just going to act like we're a bunch of idiots who's not going to be saved by your god... if religion has been your salvation... good for you and any gays who are religious and need some sort of support I'm sure they'll be happy to chat with you... but let me help you a bit with how debate works and don't tell me you know... you may have had some debates in high school but I'm at the UN level when it comes to debate so go ahead and tell me why are you thinking that gay people should follow you? Why is it so important for you to have gay guys joining your church? I don't know if you can read my signature but you definitely got my thought on the subject.

I have nothing against this post, to each their own, right?

I know someone who recently started going to a similar church like
you described. It's a pretty progressive Christian denomination that also
has female clergy and does same-sex marriages/unions.

I'm no longer a Roman Catholic, but I grew up with it and went to
Catholic school. I've got nothing against Christianity and I don't believe
that all Christians believe that all lgbtq people are damned to hell. I mean
Jesus had one but true message, and that is love, right? The only thing that
I can't agree on is the Church itself. Why have an institution between you
and your god to begin with?

Even though I'm not Christian/Catholic anymore, I can still appreciate them
trying to go with the times and be a bit more progressive.

/me slowly fades into the background >_______>

justbry87 Wrote:I have nothing against this post, to each their own, right?

I know someone who recently started going to a similar church like
you described. It's a pretty progressive Christian denomination that also
has female clergy and does same-sex marriages/unions.

I'm no longer a Roman Catholic, but I grew up with it and went to
Catholic school. I've got nothing against Christianity and I don't believe
that all Christians believe that all lgbtq people are damned to hell. I mean
Jesus had one but true message, and that is love, right? The only thing that
I can't agree on is the Church itself. Why have an institution between you
and your god to begin with?

Even though I'm not Christian/Catholic anymore, I can still appreciate them
trying to go with the times and be a bit more progressive.

/me slowly fades into the background >_______>

THANK YOU Bighug

southbiochem Wrote:*sigh*.....this thread was so close a few hours ago to go unseen and unreplied...it should have stayed that way

Sorry LOL SB... for me religion is a mind controlling doctrine and I really will not let anyone go blindly to the dark side without truly knowing in what galeria they getting themselves into.