Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where am i going wrong?
Hi guys, i really need advice. I am REALLY unlucky with dates and relationships. The only time where i seem to be getting anywhere is when i try online. Im on grindr at the moment and messaged a guy i like and we have been chatting quite alot. I asked if he would be interested in meeting up for a drink and food and seems keen. But everytime a weekend comes up hes working, away or ill and never find the time to do it. I message him on kik as he always uses this the most but im always the first person to message him, i always ask questions and want to get to know him. He seems nice enough and i do remember things about him to make it sure that he knows it keen.
He never asks me any questions or asks to meet me?? I even said if your not interested then please tell me as i dont like to be led on and id be fine with the truth but hes makes out he still is. I kind of giving up now and i must admit i message nearly every day to try and arrange this date. Should i give him space..or just move on? Any advice guys would be great xx

You can only ask him so many times yourself.

Let him do a bit of work.

Propose one more schedule, and if it fails tell him he needs to come up with a date and time.

If he fails to provide one without any good reasons, move on

Move on. Don't expect anything serious on Grindr.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

I would agree with southbiochem. Except skip proposing one more... "tell him he needs to come up with a date and time." Then move on and forget about him. If you hear from him again, ignore the message unless there's a date & time in it.

I agree with Londoner that expecting something serious from Grindr is putting faith in the unlikely, but also agree with South's solution.

Make him make the next date and plans. If he makes them you know he's interested AND have your date.... if not, you get your answer.

He's just a player.......move on.

move on, your wasting your time, if hes not interested now think how interest he,ll be after you meet… not very, cause it sounds to me he doesnt know what he wants, is probably straight and has a girlfriend, though ive heard that grind’r has been useful for some people, i think you should move on from this loser

Superslik Wrote: Hi guys, i really need advice. I am REALLY unlucky with dates and relationships. The only time where i seem to be getting anywhere is when i try online. Im on grindr at the moment and messaged a guy i like and we have been chatting quite alot. I asked if he would be interested in meeting up for a drink and food and seems keen. But everytime a weekend comes up hes working, away or ill and never find the time to do it. I message him on kik as he always uses this the most but im always the first person to message him, i always ask questions and want to get to know him. He seems nice enough and i do remember things about him to make it sure that he knows it keen.
He never asks me any questions or asks to meet me?? I even said if your not interested then please tell me as i dont like to be led on and id be fine with the truth but hes makes out he still is. I kind of giving up now and i must admit i message nearly every day to try and arrange this date. Should i give him space..or just move on? Any advice guys would be great xx

What I did was I chatted with this guy for a while and then I asked him if he wanted to skype.

THIS IS THE CRITICAL MOMENT. IF HE SAYS NO REPEATEDLY, HE IS PROBABLY NOT WHO HE CLAIMS TO BE.

We kept videochatting and that really helped us deal with the distance of our relationship (~400 miles).

And when we were ready, we met in person and had a magical time.

And now we're dating and happy to be together.

So that's the key in my situation- VIDEO CHAT. This may or may not work for you, but that is my suggestion.

Maybe he's just shy or not yet ready to date a guy. Give him a chance, at least if he's willing to chat. If not, keep quiet and wait for his turn. I know what you feel because I can't meet a guy anywhere but on dating sites. Anyway, living in London for six months lasy year I found PlanetRomeo more worthwhile and some interesting guys there. Give it a try.

Give him some space so you don't come off as too needy , some people freak out .
Besides let him chase you a bit, you have shown your interest the ball is in his court.