Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
why do i keep falling in love with straight guys
I have a really good straight friend who I am falling in love with over and over again, and I don't think he knows that he is leading me on ( that's what my other friend said he was doing after I told him the whole story). I want to tell him that I'm starting to like him so I want some time away from him, but I don't want this to ruin our friendship. Its hard when you have a friend who is really good looking and sweet to you at the same time. He'll open doors for me, walk me to class, buy me drinks and food when we hang out, although I never let him. All the small things that mean so much to me, he does. At this point I don't think I can take it anymore, this is going to ruin me. He knows I'm gay and obviously doesn't care. My friend said I should just enjoy his friendship while it last, that I should just go with it but I'm going to get heartbroken in the end. I tried to ignore him but I see him in class all the time. Maybe I should just tell him and hopefully he will tell me that he is desperately in love with me too lol. Probably not.

You're not the only one in this position I can assure you! I find a lot of my hetero friends very attractive and it's very hard to not have feelings for them. It's worse because they are mostly single and we have quite close friendships.

I think you just have to make mental line in your head and put your straight friends on the other side of it. Many straight guys enjoy a little affection and caring, but don't cross that line.

Its called "DESPERATION".

Its also called "MASOCHISM".

I feel for you,but I am afraid if this guy is straight then he will never be able to give you back what you most need.Tell him how you feel if you must,but is it really worth risking your friendship with him for?Best to keep that and try to find someone who can be what you need them to be.

Because let's face it, straight guys are HOT lol

Straight crushes happen to the best of us, so don't feel too bad about it. Just try not to think about it too much, don't let your emotions dictate your life to the point where you feel the need to put your relationship with your friends on the line.

Bluelight Wrote:Because let's face it, straight guys are HOT lol

Straight crushes happen to the best of us, so don't feel too bad about it. Just try not to think about it too much, don't let your emotions dictate your life to the point where you feel the need to put your relationship with your friends on the line.

True they are HOT but sadly we can only look, but not have 'sigh'

"He'll open doors for me, walk me to class, buy me drinks and food when we hang out, although I never let him..."

Man up and tell him you can open your own doors and buy your own crap. Being gay doesn't mean you are a woman and should be treated like one.

On the other hand he may not be as straight at he lets on... I would observe him a bit more closely to see how many other people he opens doors for and crap like that... it may be his 'cluing' you in that there is an interest.

" I have a really good straight friend who I am falling in love with over and over again, and I don't think he knows that he is leading me on ( that's what my other friend said he was doing after I told him the whole story) "

Two things there.

First (which is last) you are not telling us the whole story so you are only going to get half baked opinions based on half or less data.

Second (which should be first) you need to tell this fellow that his opening doors and offering to buy you crap and all of those little things ARE things you look for in a boy-friend and these activities ARE confusing to your relationship with him.

Friendships are relationships and require communication to function.

There are two possibilities that come to my mind.

1. He likes you like 'that'... meaning he has a gay streak and is expressing an interest.

2. He is treating the homosexual like the little lady which to me is an insult to a man's masculinity...

Straight guys can give off a more masculine vibe than gay guys, which some gay guys fall in love with, unfortunately for them. Sort of similar to how some women will fret: "I only crush on gay guys and I don't know why!!!".

If this is the case; you don't need to worry because so many gay guys do defy the stereotype, and even more bisexuals will.

My first crush/love... thing was someone straight cough closetedbisexual cough, and eventually I felt so much better when I just let the thought of any relationship with him go... completely. It took a good long time for me to feel better, but I did.

Also; if you're suffering from the, "But maybe he isn't COMPLETELY straight" issue, either A) Tell him how you feel, or B) Realize it doesn't really matter if he's no completely straight because nothing is ever happening anyway.

Think: Once you let this guy go, you open your life up to someone who actually might love you back.

Maybe you don't have enough gay guys around. I fell in love a few times with straight boys but it was before I began dating gays. After that I realized that there was nothing to fall in love with Tongue

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:"He'll open doors for me, walk me to class, buy me drinks and food when we hang out, although I never let him..."

Man up and tell him you can open your own doors and buy your own crap. Being gay doesn't mean you are a woman and should be treated like one.

On the other hand he may not be as straight at he lets on... I would observe him a bit more closely to see how many other people he opens doors for and crap like that... it may be his 'cluing' you in that there is an interest.

" I have a really good straight friend who I am falling in love with over and over again, and I don't think he knows that he is leading me on ( that's what my other friend said he was doing after I told him the whole story) "

Two things there.

First (which is last) you are not telling us the whole story so you are only going to get half baked opinions based on half or less data.

Second (which should be first) you need to tell this fellow that his opening doors and offering to buy you crap and all of those little things ARE things you look for in a boy-friend and these activities ARE confusing to your relationship with him.

Friendships are relationships and require communication to function.

There are two possibilities that come to my mind.

1. He likes you like 'that'... meaning he has a gay streak and is expressing an interest.

2. He is treating the homosexual like the little lady which to me is an insult to a man's masculinity...

If a person walks in front of you and open the door, do you go in or do you ignore them like a jerk? Its not like I wait at the entrance for him to open doors for me. Also, I don't let him buy me anything but he always insists. Whenever he buys me a beer, I buy him one back. How are women supposed to be treated? I don't really go by labels or stereotypes...