Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Maybe I'm over thinking this.
Hi i'm new here. My name is Robert. This is actually my first post.
Well on to the topic, my boyfriend and I have been seeing each other for almost 6 months but had been talking to each other for nearly two years.

Starting out, everything was great. We would sit and talk for hours about any and everything.
He still makes me the happiest guy alive but here lately I've been worrying a lot about senseless stuff. Our sex life used to be great but now he's always too tired or something of that sort.
I haven't tried to talk to him about it because I don't want to add any new stress to his life. He recently started a new job and he also goes to school. I think it's just me being a worry wart but I can't help having the thought that maybe I'm not good enough or something.
Any advice would help.

I'd say talking with him would be the first thing to do.

Welcome to GS, btw Smile

It sounds like he's presently stressing over his new job while maintaining his studies,, and not getting enough sleep. Keep supporting him and letting him know that you love him - he will appreciate it. You might ask him if there's anything you can do to help, like doing his laundry or running errands, etc.

Good luck,
Jim
We Have Elvis !!

Thank you guys.
I've been cooking us dinner every night and he other day I took his car in to get serviced. I have really bad anxiety which may be the entire reason why I'm stressing out about all of this.

As I have stated many, MANY times in these situations, school is VERY stressful on anyone.
Relationships should not even be on the list of "school activities" until AFTER graduation.

When in school, focus on school. Once graduated, then you have time for life and all of its major stress factors.

You can talk to him about it. But I would advise you to give him his "room" to be overly involved in school. It might seem he is not interested in you, but if he is into getting his degree(s), then you have to let him do what he needs to do in order to get his schooling done.

You will just be adding to his stress and fragmenting his mental state if you start being a "fish wife" about everything. And that will usually end any gay relationship.

SCHOOL COMES FIRST!

Hi Robert welcome to gs
You are not the only one that has suffered bad anxiety as i do as well,i am sure that you are plenty good enough for him and you are just worrying to much.
He is most likely just tired from work etch,best thing to do is talk to him.
Your sex life might just have cooled off a little,how about doing something more romantic with him,like a movie,dinner or something you both enjoy.
Hope you get on okay Smile

MisterTinkles Wrote:As I have stated many, MANY times in these situations, school is VERY stressful on anyone.
Relationships should not even be on the list of "school activities" until AFTER graduation.

When in school, focus on school. Once graduated, then you have time for life and all of its major stress factors.

You can talk to him about it. But I would advise you to give him his "room" to be overly involved in school. It might seem he is not interested in you, but if he is into getting his degree(s), then you have to let him do what he needs to do in order to get his schooling done.

You will just be adding to his stress and fragmenting his mental state if you start being a "fish wife" about everything. And that will usually end any gay relationship.

SCHOOL COMES FIRST!
I agree 100%
I'll never pressure him into anything. I actually help him with his school work on a regular basis. He's going to school for something that is similar to what I have a degree in. I'm very supportive of his work and study ethic.

Wolfpack Wrote:Hi Robert welcome to gs
You are not the only one that has suffered bad anxiety as i do as well,i am sure that you are plenty good enough for him and you are just worrying to much.
He is most likely just tired from work etch,best thing to do is talk to him.
Your sex life might just have cooled off a little,how about doing something more romantic with him,like a movie,dinner or something you both enjoy.
Hope you get on okay Smile
Thank you for the welcoming.
And that's what we are doing. We are going on a double date tomorrow with my best friend and her boyfriend. We still go out and do things. I'm not worried so much about us not having sex or anything. I suppose it's just that I wish I could make it where he isn't so stressed all of the time

Then you are doing all the right things for him,just continue to be there for him and continue to be supportive like you already are,reassure him that he can talk to you if need be.Try not to get to stressed out yourself or he may pick up on this,and remember to look after yourself as well.
You sound like a very good person and I am sure he apprecieates you very much.

I don't let myself stress when I'm around him. All of my worries go away when I'm with him. I focus on my stresses when I'm at my house or working. There are obviously days that he points out that I'm stressed and he tries to make me feel better too. Our relationship is perfect in my eyes. Just sometimes stress causes people to over think things or jump to harsh conclusions

Like you said you my be over thinking things to much. ( been there done that many times myself).Just continue doing what you are doing then,and try to focus on more positive things yourself,the more you worry the more stressed you will get,and then you will get yourself caught in a vicious circle.
Try to relax and enjoy the times you get together,hopefully things will get less stressed for you both in time.