Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Closet
I was wondering what dose the closet mean to you and what did you think of others being in or out?

The closet is a scary place , underneith knowing that your someone society sees as different . The closet takes years away from your life , when you could be enjoying a fullfilled relationship and being true to yourself . The Closet is a box , created but the hetrosexual world for anyone who doesnt fit into their world . Open the door , step out , burn the box and never go back and become the person you were born to be .

The closet is a place where in one's mind, they feel that only within the confinements of these walls will they find love and acceptance. However, I have learned from friends that once one steps out of the box, the closet concept of love, belonging and acceptance is still there, but with the added incentive of a bigger wider less confining box...with no walls and therefore no limits and endless possibilities for all.

Sent from my SPH-M900 using Tapatalk

Quote:The closet is a place where in one's mind, they feel that only within the confinements of these walls will they find love and acceptance. However, I have learned from friends that once one steps out of the box, the closet concept of love, belonging and acceptance is still there, but with the added incentive of a bigger wider less confining box...with no walls and therefore no limits and endless possibilities for all.

I agree totally. Well said

The closet is a place that doesnt exist outside of the mind of its owner. The closet is created by society, yet built by its owner. The closet is a place of intense confinement, yet also a place of extreme freedom of thought. The closet feels safe, yet is a cold empty place. The closet is protective, yet if you are discovered there lends you no protection. The closet has no locks, and can be opened with ease - and the world outside is scary yet full of rich adventures to be experienced.
The closet it good. The closet is bad. Embrace its protection, then burst out and start to live.

I'd suggest furnishing that closet, and also, Why not make it a padded room? That would be awesome I'd think.

Ever since I left my padded room and straight jacket behind, everything has been swell. I feel as free as society allows me to feel.

For me coming out of the closet was very liberating but I also respect the fact that for some people the closet is the only place where they are safe.

What he said [Image: arrow-up.jpg] Wink

hmmm... Perhaps the closet is a state of mind dictated and perpetuated by society and circumstance. Perhaps the closet provides a barrier between the occupant and reality. Perhaps it's a place distended with confusion, illusion and shame... A place about as empty as anita bryant's excuse of a heart... Although i've become familiar with this place we call a closet and all its unfavorable implications, I have yet to completely break free from its tenacious grasp... Smile

The closet is place no one should be in or trapped in. It's a place where people who are in it are insecure, guilty, shameful, confused, etc. It is a state of mind like Vikta pointed out. Oh and it doesn't even have to apply to the LGBT community. For example, someone could be in the closet due to their political views or religion.