Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In/out the closet
In my eyes i feel that people that don't come out of the closet aren't always scared of doing it but they keep it a secret for the thrill of trying to keep it a secret.

Like me i like to keep a secret cos i don't act 100% str8 yet i don't exactly not act gay type of thing, its just i like to keep people wondering about ma sexuality. Especially @ my age as you don't no whether ur str8 bi or gay

Whats ur opinion n why do you or do not tell people about ur sexuality

Lol

well i dont neccessary keep it as a secret for a thrill....
straight people dont neccesarily go on about telling people that they are straight...so i dont think gay people need to do the same either. ur sexual orientaton is ur own.

lol

i got bored

Nice thread. To tell the truth, i'm in closet because i'm scared and not because it's fun or thilling to keep it as secret. I've been brought up surrounded by an homophobic society and unluckily i couldn't avoid taking prejudices too seriously. Another thing, let's say thrilling this time, is to 'come out' to your parents/family and closest friends, so that all the people you love in the world know thay you are actually gay, sincere to tem; but keeping as a sacret to everyone else: not just hanging around everywhere yelling you're gay and taking it as something special; take it as being gay is as 'normal' (I hate the word normal) as being heterosexual (I also hate the word 'straight', as if we were twisted, wtf)...

Mystery Man Wrote:lol

i got bored

ur 16 i dont blame ya...at ur age if i get bored i start playing with my dingdong!

feelmychampagne Wrote:straight people dont neccesarily go on about telling people that they are straight...so i dont think gay people need to do the same either. ur sexual orientaton is ur own.

totally agree

feelmychampagne Wrote:well i dont necessary keep it as a secret for a thrill....
straight people dont unnecessarily go on about telling people that they are straight...so i dont think gay people need to do the same either. ur sexual orientation is ur own.

I can actually see a point in what you say and i agree.

when i reached the age of lets say 24 (i am 29 now) i needed to feel free within and i achieved by admitting my sexuality to myself (long time ago though) and then to the people i care for. If someone can go out i believe he should do it when he feels ready without any pressure though.
Also the way i see it if you accept and you live you sexuality you dont necessarily need to make an announcement about it in the local Council! lol

Yeah I agree with most of the comments....I dont meet someone new and say "Hi, I'm Geoff, I'm a homosexual". I don't hide it, but I don't put it out there either.

TBh I really don't give a flying fuck what most people think, I'm me and that's end of. Why does my boss or colleague need to know who and what I sleep with? I would classify myself as out as everyone I actually know well, know's I'm gay, but I don't go running around shouting it out.

I'll put you forward the following situation:

You're doing your job, you're new in the company, and the boss calls you to his study. He tells you that he's heard you are homosexual (you've already told, in the context of a casual chat, to some of your ,mates in the company) and is seriously thinking about dismissing you, just because he thinks that your sexual condition is not 'suitable' for the place you work in. What would be your best REPLY -short or long- in order to stand up for homosexuality and shut his mouth up, although he dismisses you anyway?

I know this thing hasn't anything to do with 'Out/In the closet' deal mystery man started. But, as far as we've been talking, things got interesting. And this situation could not only happen in a work place, but everywhere, as we're always under social pressure and discrimination because of our sexual condition.

drocko17 Wrote:I'll put you forward the following situation:

You're doing your job, you're new in the company, and the boss calls you to his study. He tells you that he's heard you are homosexual (you've already told, in the context of a casual chat, to some of your ,mates in the company) and is seriously thinking about dismissing you, just because he thinks that your sexual condition is not 'suitable' for the place you work in. What would be your best REPLY -short or long- in order to stand up for homosexuality and shut his mouth up, although he dismisses you anyway?

I know this thing hasn't anything to do with 'Out/In the closet' deal mystery man started. But, as far as we've been talking, things got interesting. And this situation could not only happen in a work place, but everywhere, as we're always under social pressure and discrimination because of our sexual condition.

well the last place i worked had a similar situation. Apparently one of the managers got hold of my online blogs. The company came to know about me and gave me a paid suspension for 2 weeks until they figured out what to do with me. They let me work later...but well i gave my resignation instead.

Anyhow if u really want to keep ur boss mouth shut...I think ur best bet wud be to file a lawsuit against discrimination of ur sexual orientation. If not atleast tell them in the most nicest way possible. Would solve all ur problem or mite even get a promotion...who knows.

And as far as why i didnt file a lawsuit...i was least bothered for that company anyways. i got better offer elsewhere hehe