Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dealing with confrontation
Hey peeps. I was just wondering if you have any tips on dealing with someone who doesn't like our kind and decides to tell you about it.

I was in the pub earlier this even with some friends minding my own and this slightly drunken regular comes over, he seemed alright at first though a little pervy. He was asking loads of us about manly stuff like chicks and that and saw I didn't take an interest and asked if i was gay.... I said yeah and it all started. At first he didn't believe me and started asking all my friends. Then said it was wrong ect and spoke to everyone in the pub saying about it. I just get all locked up and couldnt say much because of shock. So yeah any tips for if this happens again... I live in quite a conservative area so everyone's old and traditional Laugh

I think it's a good idea to keep with friends in such situations. Sure it's uncomfortable to have something like that happen but someone who might normally be more restrained under normal circumstances could act up while drunk; and it's of course harder to reason with someone in such a state. If he was sober, I'd perhaps give different advice, but don't put yourself at any more risk than you need to and just remember he's probably a loser getting drunk every night, perhaps he drinks his own feelings away, you never know.

Go to the gym. Get pumped up.
Next time, someone does that to you. Show him the muscles in your arm and tell him to fuck off.

Don't argue with drunks. It never ends well.
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

I don't do confrontations that have any aggression involved in their intent.

If someone decided to go off on me like that. I'd probably ignore it. Feel a little hurt after. And probably bitch about what happened later to a friend.
That just my coping mechanism really.:redface:
Silly Sarcastic So-and-so

Wow, well good for you for not resorting to punching his lights out.

I have never had a fight or really wanted to punch someone that badly, but if some drunk came up to me and started saying that shit, I think I'd be furious inside. But I think my friends would get involved before I got too riled up. What did your friends do?

if i were to give a sensible anwer i would say just laugh it off,, if he's had way too much then just humour him n he'll just go bother someone else in the end if he gets no joy from your group

sometimes it is best to not tell strangers your personal lifestyle. I did and now he keeps calling me names. I can not stop him. Some people are idiots. It is no different than being prejudice towards others of different nationality.

Hello mate,
I noticed your located in Brighton - UK I live outskirts of brighton in peacehaven which is full of coffin dodging gum brigaiders... Now with regards to telling people about yourself and sexuality I have learnt that even in the gay heart of town there can be conflict of interest.. I was out on friday and this old boy walked by and shouted Die all you dirty faggots so i shouted back... Your be knocking on death door before i do dear... lf someone asks me if i am gay ill be honest and say yes if they kick off about it i tend to tell em if they didnt like talking to a gay person or to know if anyone is gay then why ask??? l tend to find also that especially in brighton and surrounding areas there is a small community which are anti gay but most arent.. In all surrounding areas your find your be alright.. l have gone to very rough places in brighton and told people who have asked im gay and to be honest backlash is very thin... lf someone starts just ignore em and press onwards and upwards its their problem and issue not yours Smile

Kindest regards

zeon

btw what pub was it??? I could do with a drama larma in a pub to put people like him in his place and inform him maybe that brighton has been swarmed with gays since the 1700's so maybe he should live in another location in the world