Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Protection in a new relationship
Just started a new relationship/dating. We're pretty much monogamous and we've briefly discussed STI's - as far as we know we're both negative for everything and we've both been tested recently before we met each other.

At first we were cautious and I wouldn't let him cum in my mouth. But now, as it's become apparent we're sticking around each other for a bit, I let him cum and swallow. Still we use protection for anal sex. We also rub and lube each others' penises using whoever cums first.

I know that STI's, particularly gonorrhea and herpes I think, can spread through oral sex. HIV runs a small but remaining risk. So my question is, is it ok to suck and lube, or is this still risky?

sweetie i think its still risky.. but if you wanna make sure, both of you should have a check up. you know if your willing to be with your man Wink

Anything is risky without condoms even oral and more so if someone if cumming in your mouth as you never know if they are 100% clean without testing, but if you truely trust the guy your with then i dont see the problem for oral.
If your planning anal without condoms, you do need to get 100% tested unless you know someone is new to it.

Paul1 Wrote:pretty much monogamous
Your choice of words here have me a bit concerned. It's your health and your body, but I think you need to be a little more definite before you consider not using protection.

Paul1 Wrote:as far as we know we're both negative for everything
Just my opinion, but you cannot take someone's word on STIs.

Urine tests: Chlamydia, and Gonorrhea
Blood tests: Hepatitis A, B, and C; Herpes 1 and 2, Syphilis and HIV
HPV: physical exam by a physician; some strains of HPV can cause oral and anal cancer.

Recent posts you might find helpful:
Clap on!! Clap off!! Clap off!! Clap off?!!
Education key in HIV, AIDS prevention, 30 years later

The risk is too great to take i think. And consequences are too serious. People lie, people cheat only person you can trust completely is yourself so it is up to you to protect yourself.

This is always a tricky issue, it used to be a cause of tension between me and my ex since I insisted on condom use. Your body and your choice.

Get yourself vaccinated for Hep A and B if you haven't already. C is not likely to be spread through oral sex, it is even hard to spread through anal. However, you can contract C by sharing razor blades since it is blood born.

HIV is the big one I think on most people's minds. I think my life would go on with herpes or HPV, and condoms are not effective at preventing their spread so the only thing you can do about that is trust your partner. Most people are infected with HPV, gay or straight, anyway, it's really the ones that cause genital warts that are a bit unpleasant. There are also HPV vaccines available now, for an increasingly wide range of strains. They are available for men in some countries, I believe Australia is one of them, but often they aren't covered, so you'd have to shill out the 500 dollars for that. (I once wrote a term paper on the viability of HPV vaccination in the gay community)

HIV, the best thing you can do is get tested regularly and use condoms for anal sex at least. The lubing of genitals with cum is probably not a good idea, and higher risk than the oral sex.

If you guys plan on staying together just go and get yourself checked, that way you'll both be sure in the other one and any concerns will be eliminated. :]

Sounds good to me. Let's be honest, who here uses condoms for oral and doesn't throw up?!

Paul1 Wrote:Sounds good to me. Let's be honest, who here uses condoms for oral and doesn't throw up?!

Its safer to use a condom, but i dont only coz i do it with only when with a boyfriend. Confusedmile:
Maybe if using a condom for oral sex could just put some flavoured lube onto it. :biggrin: