Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Depression or when it gets too far
I had a rough day/night yesterday, I was so scared I was going to have to go back inpatient. I had thoughts of killing myself for a few hours and thought of 5 different ways to kill myself. I finally went back home and shut down in my bed for about an hour? It was hard to keep track of time, but that's just a rough estimate. My mom was there to help me come out of it, but it was really scary. I'll probably have my medication adjusted by my doctor this week, I'm not entirely sure.

Unfortunately I was triggered again today, which I was not expecting. I'm trying to rebuild with my best friend, but he said that things would be different so that hurts a lot. Things did not go over well after that.

Some people aren't comfortable talking about depression, or suicide, or other personal things "out loud."

If anonymity lets someone vent their feelings and frustrations, and lets them seek help, then we shouldn't shame them.

Boaxy Wrote:I just don't understand. Again, unless you're posting pictures of yourself and giving out specific information, you can still be ambiguous.

I'm not shaming them, I just don't understand why they have to be anonymous.

Being that those who are anonymous are regular members lol.

Let's see:

1 - There is a huge stigma associated with mental illness. There shouldn't be, but there is.
2 - They could know people on here in real life, and don't want them to know how depressed they are
3 - They could be afraid people will treat them differently
4 - They are known on more than just this site by their moniker, and so don't want depression pulled up in their search results.

Just accept that some people don't want their entire lives spread out for display to the whole world.

Whatever... considering you aren't posting with your own face, I'll take your rant with a grain of salt.

If people wanted to, they can look through the posts and they'd be able to figure out who created this thread. I'm just more comfortable posting anonymously. I won't argue semantics with you about the specific definitions of what conditions are considered mental illnesses. You can search through the APA if you really want to educate yourself further. There are things that I can't just "grow up" about, unless you've been in such emotional pain where you've wanted to kill yourself, made plans, wrote a letter, tried, or had a manic episode, or had such terrible delusions, you can't fully understand. There are professionals who come as close to it as possible and know how to approach these illnesses, and have more understanding than the general public, but they too don't fully understand.

Boaxy Wrote:I'm an internet celebrity in a sense. I'm not afraid to show my face at all.

But people posting anonymously bugs you to no end.

As you might say, grow a pair and get over it.

Anonymous Wrote:If people wanted to, they can look through the posts and they'd be able to figure out who created this thread. I'm just more comfortable posting anonymously. I won't argue semantics with you about the specific definitions of what conditions are considered mental illnesses. You can search through the APA if you really want to educate yourself further. There are things that I can't just "grow up" about, unless you've been in such emotional pain where you've wanted to kill yourself, made plans, wrote a letter, tried, or had a manic episode, or had such terrible delusions, you can't fully understand. There are professionals who come as close to it as possible and know how to approach these illnesses, and have more understanding than the general public, but they too don't fully understand.
You have the right to post anonymously...
What matters is the helpful advice you get here..

Your thread got derailed..

I am about to respond to your post ..
But First...

Let me kill the cockroach in the room.

@Boast.

I kinda poked you a few days ago just to "Test" your
character... and ya flipped like a "Cheap Saucepan Lid"...

Flipping out at me...
No Sweat..

BUT...

Throwing disrespect and shade at an innocent poster stops here!!!

Now let me tell you about [MENTION=21156]Anocxu[/MENTION] <----

^^^^^^^
This fucking bitch...
As you called me..
Hehe

I am famous for removing abusive members from this site..

I think you have found a new audience.. or voice here.. but Careful now hun...

Everyone has the right to a meaningful experience here at Gayspeak. As long as we treat each other with respect...

This is your brilliant logic..

You are being a complete dick to anonymous while telling him to get over someone treating him like a total dick?

Really?

I think you give this site a jolt of energy... BUT..you get abusive when challenged...

Members here will tell you what gets me mad is when other members mistreat others...

It can't happen here..
This is OUR home in which YOU are a NEW member..

Be Respectful to others..
Or deal with ME.

^^^^
That is my final word to YOU on this thread.

Also turns out that May is Mental Health Awareness Month. Just throwing that in there. Today is kind of eh, still glad I made this post. Most days are still a struggle.

Anonymous Wrote:I feel like crying at the moment because of a few reasons, i feel anxious too and i'm tired of my life.

I said it before in this thread, but I felt the need to come in and encourage you again to seek out help from a counselor or therapist. As you mentioned, it's Mental Health Awareness month, yeah? So maybe its time to turn over a new leaf and seek the help to get you on track. Smile

Even if you can't afford to pay for a therapist out of pocket, most communities provide community ran mental health programs that you can take part in.

I know that in your past response to me you said that you just want "a good job, a place of my own, and a man to hold on to at night". These things take a bit of work to achieve and hold on to. Perhaps (like myself) part of that work is to get your mental health balanced. This isn't something that, with clinical depression, is possible for most to do on their own. I encourage you to look into a therapist or counselor to help you work through things and find that balance.