Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gay people also want to be parents
Adam Wrote:we don't want to look like a normal family, we want to be a normal family! And a wish to be a parent is a norm for every human. And me and my partner are no exception. We want just to know how it feels to bring up a child. And I think we deserve it.

EEK...your use of the word "norm" is disconcerting......and odd.

I can assure you a wish to be a parent is NOT the norm for every human. Furthermore...ALOT of people who do have children ...shouldn't.

The "normal family" thing...I don't even want to go there.

Ekwarph Wrote:You think so? Sad
Yes. Animals are animals Catmilk and kids are kidsBaby My parents also had a cat before I was born. I'm really greatful, that they didn't think that a cat can replace a child)))))))))

East Wrote:I can assure you a wish to be a parent is NOT the norm for every human. Furthermore...ALOT of people who do have children ...shouldn't.

The "normal family" thing...I don't even want to go there.

exactly. i don't have even a partial wish to have kids, to be a parent. it's just completely absent in me. zilch.

i'm thinking the kid thing is more a learned behavior than anything else. a need to create your own social unit where you belong, where when you see other people raising kids and when it has the social implications it does, it will be seen as a favorable behavior to engage in in humans. in return you'll get the social status it offers. that's the essence of it.

Adam Wrote:Yes. Animals are animals Catmilk and kids are kidsBaby My parents also had a cat before I was born. I'm really greatful, that they didn't think that a cat can replace a child)))))))))

Thank you for this enlightenment.

meridannight Wrote:exactly. i don't have even a partial wish to have kids, to be a parent. it's just completely absent in me. zilch.

DITTO for me!

I was born to someone who should have never been allowed to reproduce ...and in my lifetime I have seen ALOT of other people who should not have reproduced...or been allowed to adopt. I submit Fred and Shirley Phelps and Michelle and Marcus Bachmann ......

meridannight, East: I did not say that parenting is for everyone. I never insisted on EVERYBODY to have kids. Not everybody wants it, not everybody needs it. As for me, I see sense of life in kids. And nothing can change it

Adam Wrote:meridannight, East: I did not say that parenting is for everyone. I never insisted on EVERYBODY to have kids. Not everybody wants it, not everybody needs it. As for me, I see sense of life in kids. And nothing can change it

This is what you said....

And a wish to be a parent is a norm for every human.

...and what I said...your use of the word "norm" is troubling...and it is...

East Wrote:This is what you said....

And a wish to be a parent is a norm for every human.

...and what I said...your use of the word "norm" is troubling...and it is...
Ok, I'm sorry that I could not form my opinion corerectly. Those my words meant only that gays deserve to be parents as well as geterosexuals do. And if you are gay, it doesn't mean that you should not have children and should not dream about having them. I didn't meen that I have something against people who chose for themselves a childfree lifestyle or I consider them not normal. We are all normal and we have the same rights to live the way we want to.

Ekwarph Wrote:Thank you for this enlightenment.
you are always welcome)))) By the way, if somebody wants to have a cat - it is also great. Cats are lovely!

Adam Wrote:you are always welcome)))) By the way, if somebody wants to have a cat - it is also great. Cats are lovely!

Much more than children. Sheep

Catmilk