Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Signs of your homosexuality
I'm sure we've all heard the typical exclamations of "I always knew he was gay, he played with Barbie instead of GI Joe" or "instead of sports he watched ballet". Or some such typical comments.

So what did people say were signs that made them always wonder if you were gay (or always knew)?

For me, a few told me that it was the way I sat, my mannerisms, some of the ways I talk with my hands, that I kiss like a girl, my sensitivity, and my emotional reactions being stereotypically feminine.

This thread is not meant to start any philosophical discussions or a debate on what is typical or not. Please just find the fun about this one and respond accordingly. Smile

The few people I came out to were all very shocked. Strange, I think, because I've always been a huge musical theatre nerd. You'd think that would cushion the blow.

My cousin, however, said she always knew, but offered no explanation on the matter. My very masculine not-known-for-his-sense-of-humor older brother, when I came out to him over the phone, said (and this confuses me to this day) "Yeah... I always figured one of us would turn out gay."

No one ever said that to me. Few shit gold bricks, others called me a liar but no one every said 'Oh I knew that'.

People knew because i never had a girlfriend, i played with barbies when i was young, i always like singing girly songs lol, I loved Disney Princesses and i think eventhough i dont consider myself to be feminine there is a thing about how i talk & walk, oh and someone or a few said because i am clean, well dressed, and smell good so those were some of my signs lol

I don't think that I show many outward signs of being gay.
I used to be a hippie-like metal-head who also hates perfume and makeup, with unkempt hair. Now less so, but I still refuse to use deodorant or hair gel.
My high-pitched voice is a bit camp, but I lack the proper intonations. I have never thrown a tantrum and I get hyper-rational when arguing.

My clothing preferences, when I'm going out, might be a giveaway, however. I'm fond of wearing short shorts, t-shirts with teddy-bears and pictures of clouds with smiley faces or shirts that are form-fitting, but most of my everyday clothing looks neutral with a slight rock vibe. Anyone who might take a peek in my underwear drawer could immediately tell that I'm gay. Pink boxers with black birds making faces, jockstraps and red briefs from perforated fabric are a few examples.

Apparently, it's also obvious that I'm gay when I'm together with my boyfriend. People often guess that we are a couple, even if we don't kiss or show any affection in front of them. Not sure how they can tell, as neither of is is very camp. Often it's possible to pick out gay couples by looking for two people who look almost exactly the same, but our looks couldn't be more different.

Oh, and my music taste is very ungay. Hate most club music and musicals. Love stoner-rock, blues and folk.

I was a boring as fuck child reading shit, drawing even more shit and never really playing with toys, so people always knew I was kind of different somehow, not necessarily in a gay way.

I'm not exactly a hypermasculine manly man and some gay guys have kind of sensed my sexuality based on just looking at me. Usually though, people ARE kind of surprised when I come out.

Ok so I just joined here because I def need to talk about this, I am a very masculine man who is married with kids. I dont consider myself gay because I don't want a relationship with a man. Although all I wanna do lately is tear off a hot muscle guys clothes and suck him off all night. Even with those desires I dont act or talk like a gay man. I guess what I'm trying to ask is, what does the community classify me as? Am I gay? I've been struggling with this for some time now. I've never looked at men as hot until recently. And again its only smooth muscular types. I would think that because I don't like all men im not homosexual? Just bi?

One of my friends one night at the bar told me he had a hard time believing I was gay for some reason...that was after knowing him for years and he had seen me with a lot of men. I asked him to explain and he said he couldn't put his finger on it......

I never got the "I always knew you were gay" comments from anyone...maybe they kept it quiet if they did?

I am not even sure what other people think about me most of the time. I would rather spend a week in a salt mine with open wounds than explain my sexuality to anyone because it is a non issue for me and I am aware that a lot of people don't think I am gay even when I have introduced them to my lover...hopefully that will change when he is my husband...but I still won't explain anything. I would die a little if a straight person decided to come up to me and explain their sexuality to me..

I think that my gay genes come out the most when I enter the world of Broadway...how many straight guys need a tissue when they watch Betty Buckley sing?..or even know who she is?

Morgan Wrote:Ok so I just joined here because I def need to talk about this, I am a very masculine man who is married with kids. I dont consider myself gay because I don't want a relationship with a man. Although all I wanna do lately is tear off a hot muscle guys clothes and suck him off all night. Even with those desires I dont act or talk like a gay man. I guess what I'm trying to ask is, what does the community classify me as? Am I gay? I've been struggling with this for some time now. I've never looked at men as hot until recently. And again its only smooth muscular types. I would think that because I don't like all men im not homosexual? Just bi?

I recommend that you copy and paste your post to a new thread. Your question may not get the answers you're looking for in this one. Plus, the premise of this thread is a bit more whimsical and not intended for deep discussion. I'm hoping to keep this thread on topic.

I don't think I show some signs of being gay. I'm masculine and when I came out to my closest friends, they were really surprised and said they would have never thought of this. So I don't think my actions would somehow give me away.