Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Worst things about being gay ...
Sometimes.... it depends on the person and how well we click (read: how much they irritate me).

If they are smart and we just differ in opinion but can have a good tussle, then I enjoy the person. If they are just plain lost and beligerant...then I enjoy the fight.

Unless we are all naked...then I just enjoy the oil ;-)

Good man :biggrin:.

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

Worst things...

the potential gay hate out there

ok, that's all I could think of... but it does cover a huge area as the "potential" increases our own insecurities... so the difficulties with coming out etc etc

I agree with that ........ I guess whilst I'm always prepared to accept that there are people that will find fault with me for a number of reasons, choosing the ones that I have absolutely no control over is sometimes rather difficult to accept ...

It's like that childish answer "because you were born" ... y'know ??

Whilst I'd like for people to be generally more enlightened about this type of thing, people in general are not bad ... it's just saddening that they are so sheep-like :frown:.

Having said that, in most instances, people are cool with it, which is, of course, great Confusedmile:.

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

wouldlikemuscle Wrote:Worst things...

the potential gay hate out there

ok, that's all I could think of... but it does cover a huge area as the "potential" increases our own insecurities... so the difficulties with coming out etc etc

Agreed .. good point .. but we have to change it ... not fuel it or let it go on

Wanting to but not being able to find other homosexual men who are supportive and want to hang out just as friends. That definitely was and still remains one of the worst things about being gay.

See, now that's something we'd completely overlooked, but YES !! Good point ... I remember when I was just a bit older than you, and I was looking to meet gay people, I had no option (in my eyes) but to turn to forums like this to make gay mates, as I didn't know any gay people on the island I live on ...

... and then the first time I met somebody over here (which was THROUGH a forum, in a roundabout kinda way), we went clubbing to this mixed club, and it was BAD ... I've never had so many people eyeing me up in one place at one time, and the worst part was that it's NOT because anybody found me good looking or anything like that - it's just that I was fresh meat ...

... *shiver*

But that is something which CAN and does change in time ... I think that, as you naturally grow and become more confident and comfortable in yourself saying "I just want to be friends" or "No I'm NOT going to put that in my mouth" :redface:, then you start to take control of the situation, and build your own network of friends from there ... but yes ! VERY good point :biggrin:, thanks x

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

This has got better though....or what does "has" mean, there have always been alternative ways to meet, we just rarely think of them.

Gay sports teams are one great way, and they have been around for decades. There are organisations where you can volunteer (help lines, groups...) there are also all kinds of groups for different kinds of hobbies, from book clubs through to gaming and beyond. WE even saw last year in Canada gay Line Dancing.....talk about a *shiver*...... but there they were...clogging along!

It just takes a bit of looking into....and of course an interest in some kind of activity or another. It used to be you had to find some local gay paper or call a help line, but now it's all at your fingertips. Google your way to new freinds!

Of course it goes without saying that it's considerably harder for closeted homosexuals to join-up to openly gay clubs and things, but yeah ! Fundamentally I agree - it's all a case of using the resources that are at your disposal, and the internet is a VERY valid tool for meeting people, whether to speak to online, or to arrange meetings in person ... so yeah !!

USE IT :biggrin:.

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

Shadow (I do hate the fact I can't see who's replying to whom, it's so linear in here),
It's not a problem of knowing how to say "No," it's the very idea of having to say 'no' in the first place. But I think that this is just an age thing. Many males around my age are interested in relationships since it's just that time in your life when you start thinking about love and long-term relationships, and looking to older men for friendship always gets worried stares, so hopefully, yes, this will change as one gets older.