Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are apps. ruining your sex life?
Although this article was about women I think it applies equally to men:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-34962...a&ns_fee=0
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

I have to agree. I mean it can be useful but people tend to be very rash online. I can't count the number of guys who just stop talking for no reason.

One thing I didn't know was that it takes 3 years on average for someone to fully reveal who they really are. Can anyone speak on that? I haven't been able to stay in a relationship that long to really make heads or tails. Heck, I'm still figuring out who I really am, often I ask other people about their thoughts about me, seems that other people pick up on things about me that I don't. I guess it isn't a big surprise though.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

I know I've heard an incredible number of complaints involving it but almost nothing good...and yet they remain popular. I can only guess that it's because it's easy to flirt from the safety of one's bedroom in one's jammies while hoping it actually works (and then those just looking for a one night stand or brief fling, but even they complain of people who are all talk yet never show up).

This explores what if you app was your wingman (Tinder starts at about the 50 second mark):

I out scruff app on my phone just to see what all the fuss is about - strange to see that guys who will just say hi then open and share there picture folder of nude shots ...not that im complaining but I have to think that is this the type of guy I want to date...yes I know scruff is that type of app but people are just too forward in these things - there was an 18 year old last week who was politely wanting to meet to which I replied thx but im a little too old for you..he wanted a daddy type and that's not my thing - days later he wanted to have a 3some lol ..... its hard to tell if there been honest or just out to shock as their bedroom safe so to speak

I've seen guys go to great lengths to try to get sex...or dinner...or dinner and sex...maybe a movie in there too. Bottom line is if they can't hold a conversation without throwing in that they're horny or they ask for nudes or something, don't take them seriously. If they're actually coming across that they're actually interested in you and are actually trying to get to know you that's one thing, also depends on if that's what you're after. I will say don't expect much. In my case I just got in the habit of looking on these dating apps while I was sitting on crapper lol.

I used to think it was "normal" to have a sexual encounter on the 1st or 2nd date. I used to think it was also normal to send nudes. Then I realized through advice from friends (and in hindsight) that this is far from the truth. Folks might disagree but from my bit of experience and for the type of thing I'm looking for doing all these things don't work. I have been on three dates and the most we have done is cuddle and kissed a few times. I think it is great too, I can't say prior to dating him that anything like what I have experienced with him has ever happened...
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

axle2152 Wrote:One thing I didn't know was that it takes 3 years on average for someone to fully reveal who they really are.

Yes, I would agree to this. We're together 12 and my BF is an introvert. It has taken a long time to get to know him, plus we're constantly evolving as people.

ShiftyNJ Wrote:Yes, I would agree to this. We're together 12 and my BF is an introvert. It has taken a long time to get to know him, plus we're constantly evolving as people.
This.

I was thinking just today I should start a thread entitled: We're all just figments of our own imagination.

However that may be...

We are not static THINGS. We are dynamic PROCESSES.

Feels good to delete my POF account...hopefully I won't need to use them again. Not a fan of most dating apps...but it is how I met the guy I'm dating and I feel confident enough to get rid of the apps.
Check out my stuff!

I have no existing sex life to be ruined.

I'll get back to you on this Big Grin
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]

axle2152 Wrote:One thing I didn't know was that it takes 3 years on average for someone to fully reveal who they really are. Can anyone speak on that?

I feel like I've known who my husbear was all along. At least nothing ever stood out, suddenly, after 3 years. I knew he was awful at leaving socks next to the bed, making it a nightmare for me to vacuum around it, since I refuse to bend down to move them (or anything else) while I'm doing it. . . .

I really can't point to anything concrete that stood out as something new. I'm probably very different on that front though, as I'm a lot less forthcoming.