Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are apps. ruining your sex life?
Ha well I'd happily take $35 a month lol

The place I used to work at got a tablet for $60, it didn't work out in the long run for what they're were trying to do and surprisingly not because of the tablet....but if you're just doing to surf the web, mess around with a few apps or if you're rough on electronics then spending $60-100 isn't bad...I spent over $1100 on a Surface Pro 3, I like it, it was fast and very nice but...I didn't use it. Finally sold it for $700 and used it to get some Christmas presents. Been a wild year for me financially...buying a sports car turned out to be another dumb idea...lol But I enjoy it...I guess that's what counts.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

@Axle: Man, you need to put a Christmas wreath on that car! I have done things like that before. Sad to say, it is the best way to learn. Just do your best to keep it in good shape and stay safe. May as well enjoy it.

So far this year I have done all my holiday shopping online. I really haven't gotten much, but I did just get a notice that something was on the way and I had forgotten that I had ordered from that store. All OK, though.

With even local driving being a hassle the interwebs has been pretty helpful. I think that I may have spent only $10-$15 more for shipping than I would have for gas and have dealt with NO crowds. You'll appreciate this when you total up the gas bills from a muscle car.
I bid NO Trump!

Well we ended up doing Christmas last week, my sister works at a hospital and was the time that her and her husband were able to get off... It was nice. I think there was one other person I got a gift for that I need to wrap up...or try to.. I'm terrible at wrapping gifts...if it wasn't large in size I'd stick it in a gift bag lol

In fact most of my gifts are indeed in a gift bag.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

time waster...some use it for kicks; others use it to find that proverbial needle in a haystack. surprisingly, I have a friend who met his mate on one of those apps and almost two years later...still going strong. I guess it can work

Well sometimes you can find a diamond in the giant pile of coal. Most guys...*cringe*

Put it this way, if you commence to attempting conversation with someone and they come back with "I'm horny"

It's difficult because since most guys do that, it is too easy too assume they all will. I'd say different apps will be better or worse in different areas. I know some people talked about Match.com being good...but I don't pay for that crap when the free stuff is this bad lol

But I think if there's anything to learn is patience and damn is it hard to be patient...patient trying to find someone and being patient with them. For all we know they could have just came out of a relationship and had their heart ran through a wood chipper. No matter how empathetic one is, there's no fixing that. I think the best thing is to be yourself and show them that you're not going to do the same. The terrible truth is that no matter how good our intentions may be, we're human and we're all probably going to do something rotten to someone else, make them cry, make them miserable, and hell some of us might feel good about it. It would be unfair and a flat out lie to tell your date that you would never hurt them the odds aren't there. Promise that you will do your best to be the best person you can be and not to leave them.

Ok I will stop now.
Check out my stuff!

Hey guys,

So I met my ex, who was also my first boyfriend through Grindr and well he seemed great at first but eventually ended up messing around behind the scenes... I met a few other guys after that, 2 of them were similar to my ex, and one of them was actually really nice and we dated for a month, sadly we weren't compatible and mutually agreed to split.

I'd never used Tinder so I decided to try it, I downloaded it and I matched with my BF on the first day I had it installed, we only started talking on the second day (I put off messaging anyone at first until I'd matched with a few people).

I have to admit I've met a few nice guys through Grindr and Scruff, I guess you just have to get a feeling about what they're like. I've never met someone who just sent private photos early on into the convo. I'd speak to them but then the conversation would eventually end.

I don't think these apps are the problem, I think they are great tools that have brought a lot of couples together. I'm sure some of us have probably met a few scumbags before being with their current partner but I'd still choose the chance to meet a guys that's perfect for me and the possibility of not meeting them. Over the chance of never meeting them because I don't use apps and we don't see each other out in the world.

Taz

they guys on grindr I wanted to date, I never sent nudes to.

If I were looking for a hookup, I would send nudes if asked. Never sent nudes unsolicited (from what I recall.)

I've been off them all for a while. Never found much difference between any of the services out there. Some had slightly better interfaces, but the guys all seemed to be about the same pool (at least here in Central Indiana, and into Ohio.)

Well you often find the same pool of guys... mileage varies.
Check out my stuff!

LONDONER Wrote:Although this article was about women I think it applies equally to men:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-34962...a&ns_fee=0

I've been on them for years with no luck.

hank Wrote:I've been on them for years with no luck.

No luck as in you met no one or just nothing ever went anywhere? I've met a few people...been my experience that POF has better guys...but unlike the name not quite as many fish. Definitely takes time and definitely makes a difference where and what app/service you're using along with how you have profile set up and so on.
Check out my stuff!