Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do my father know I'm gay!?
The other day, think it was Saturday i was just talking to my father about how we going to celebrate christmas, it has always been me my brother, my mother and father but my parents had a great fight not long ago and neither has recovered from it. I said i understood and also said if my brother gets more serious with her girlfriend then they might want to celebrate it alone. After it my dad said ''Well sooner or later you are going to have a girl friend or whatever you choose and going to start a family as well.''

What did he mean by Whatever you choose? Do he knows I am gay? :eek: What do you think? There is only man and a woman, there is no other sexes.

I think he may have meant marriage or defacto.

It's pretty hard to judge not knowing either of you and exactly the context and tone of his comments.

''Well sooner or later you are going to have a girl friend or whatever you choose and going to start a family as well.''

I think he deeply suspects and seems ok with it as long as you have a family. Family seems to be the most important to him.
or
He means girlfriend, wife, one night tricks, or so on...

Who knows. Maybe he suspects, maybe he was just rambling.

I rarely speak about sex or girls to my parents and have never taken anyone home with me, I have never said or laid any trace, if he isn't a super hacker which i do not think. I do not know :S

he may have an idea . if your brother has a girlfriend and you dont or even talk about girls then he may have put the peices together = parents are not stupid just because of age....would you have guessed if you were your dad ? .... if you dont do things like your brother then he will see you are different ,,he sounds really cool though,,, the wording sounds like he could be giving you the chance to talk to him bout been gay - could be wrong like other may think but ply you will be able to tell for sure m8

He may just be fishing for information , however him saying " start a family" Makes me think that he is refering to married or living together.

matty7 Wrote:if you dont do things like your brother then he will see you are different..
reading this i thought it was incredibly thoughtful and wise. good for you matty7

matty7 Wrote:''Well sooner or later you are going to have a girl friend or whatever you choose and going to start a family as well.''
he might not have gone right out and said if your gay bring your husband:biggrin:. maybe because he is feeling his ignorance.

Yea, if you make it a point to not talk about sex or girls, have never shown interest or brought any home or anything like that...well, at some point I'd start wondering too. Actually it's the same thing with my best friend's brother. I'm wondering if he's gay for the same reasons. He never talks about girls, never shows any interest, never has had a girlfriend and I believe he's 19 or 20 at this point.

So yea, it raises questions and he may just want to know.

I'd say it sounds positive, but I'd have to be there and know you and your dad to actually tell.